In the US, sedentary jobs have increased by 83% since 1950; physically active jobs now make up less than 20% of the workforce. In 1960, about half of the US workforce was physically active.
- Studies have also shown that physical activity does not make up for the consequence of excessive sitting within the day.
- Obese persons who spend most of their waking times sitting are at high mortality risk
- HDL cholesterol also known as healthy cholesterol cleans up obstacles in the arteries. Whenever it loses its ability to clean arteries, the risk of cardiovascular disease is increased. Sadly researchers observed that excessive sitting within the day impairs the functioning of the body’s healthy cholesterol known as HDL.
- Some scientific school of taught believes excessive sitting impedes the body’s ability to deposit fat from the blood stream into the body, consequently such constantly elevated blood fats become risk factors for cardiovascular disease.
- Develop an active life style if you don’t have one. This will help you live healthier.
- Consider plans that can complement your activities at work and your daily living.
If you do have need to correct any information on our web or blog, please do contact our editorial team. Refer to our contact page.
Please note: All information; video or text published on our website or blog should not be used as a substitute for your care provider, or in lieu of informed medical advice. Consequently, we strongly recommend that you do not make medical decisions or take any action without consulting your care provider.