.The formation of brain in a child may be a once in a life time.
This is because the development of the brain of a child is largely completed during the stay in the mother’s womb, the impact of dietary deficits is likely to affect the brain more significantly compared to the effect on other organs of the body.
- Impact of omega-fatty acids on rat
- Benefit to mother and child
- How much of omega-fatty acids you need
- Sources of the fatty acids
A recent study provides evidence indicating that
- excess intake of omega-6 combined with insufficient amount of omega-3 during pregnancy causes abnormal brain development that can have long-lasting effects on the offspring’s mental state.”
The roles of omega oils in the body include;
- § It helps in the storage of energy
- § Transportation of oxygen
- § It enhances functioning of cell membranes and inflammation regulation.
How much of omega-3 and 6 fatty acids do you need?
If you do have need to correct any information on our web or blog, please do contact our editorial team. Refer to our contact page.
Please note: All information; video or text published on our website or blog should not be used as a substitute for your care provider, or in lieu of informed medical advice. Consequently, we strongly recommend that you do not make medical decisions or take any action without consulting your care provider.