What is Computer Vision Syndrome
- Avoid all external light rays especially when it reflects on your screen or directly into your eyes. Position your screen so that windows are to the side of it instead of in front or back.
- Avoid sitting directly opposite a window or a light house that falls directly into your eyes.
- Avoid use of laptops or other smart device when you are directly under the sun.
- Reduce interior lighting by using fewer light bulbs or use lower intensity bulbs. If possible,
- Avoid working under overhead fluorescent lights use floor lamps when possible.
- Adjust your computers brightness/contrast controls.
- Reduce, or eliminate the effects of glare on your computer screen; you can use a monitor glare screen or hood, tilt or change your monitor position.
Checks You may Need
If you do have need to correct any information on our web or blog, please do contact our editorial team. Refer to our contact page.
Please note: All information; video or text published on our website or blog should not be used as a substitute for your care provider, or in lieu of informed medical advice. Consequently, we strongly recommend that you do not make medical decisions or take any action without consulting your care provider.