- With smoking, the protein that helps skin strength known as “collagen” degrades faster than normal leading to wrinkles.
- It causes tiny blood vessels in the skin to tighten
- It reduces the amount of oxygen and nutrients that the skin cells receive leading to depletion of skin elasticity and acceleration of ageing.
- Alcohol intake dehydrates the body and skin thus making the skin look old and tired.
- Avoid smoking; it is never healthy any way.
- If you must take alcohol, then drink plenty of water
- Take non-alcoholic drinks such as soda water or watery fruit juice in between the alcoholic intake to help your body get re hydrated.
If you do have need to correct any information on our web or blog, please do contact our editorial team. Refer to our contact page.
Please note: All information; video or text published on our website or blog should not be used as a substitute for your care provider, or in lieu of informed medical advice. Consequently, we strongly recommend that you do not make medical decisions or take any action without consulting your care provider.